Thursday, May 15, 2008

Color Inspiration #9 and All about the Bling!



My friend Anthonette mentioned to me she was buying some sticky tape and noticed that my local store sold sheets of sticky tape so I thought it will be a great idea to try it, cut a fun shape and use beads or glitter.

I wanted to come up with a card that I can submit for Kristina's color inspiration #9 and Teresa Forseth's All about the Bling challenge.

The colors were set by Kristina's color inspiration so then it was left to figure out how to put everything together. I was having fun with the glitter and the Stampin' Up star punch that I decided to make several stars with different paper color background and the card came together.




I punched 3 stars from the sticky tape sheet, then stuck one to each color cardstock, removed the wax protector and poured fine glitter. Next, cut each star out leaving a border of color cardstock. I then put some foam stickers on the back of the stars, and set them on the card overlapping each other. The orange star only has foam sticker on the left point and the tip under the turquoise star is taped on the card.



I stamped birthday wishes on so saffron cardstock and glued two background frames on old olive cardstock, one smaller than the other. On the middle frame I glued some glitter, to make the connection with the glitter stars.

Card Materials
  • Stampin'Up cardstock: so saffron, old olive, tempting turquoise, real red, pumpkin pie
  • Savvy Stamp: birthday wishes
  • Stampin'Up large star punch
  • paper crimper
  • Martha Stewart's fine glitter

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally love this - it works perfectly for BOTH challenges!!!!

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and for playing my challenge!!!!!!

:) Theresa

Anthonette said...

Oooh, nice work on both challenges! I loved how you used the crimper to give the card texture. I think Kalino uses my crimper more than I do.

Alana said...

I love the bling on the stars!! Super cute. Great Job.

chloe said...

loooove this!

Jenn in GA said...

this is wonderful on so many levels! the stars, the crimped section, the little bit of bling behind the sentiment, all the colors playing off each other...home run!

Deanna said...

Great card!

Mary said...

Love the glittered stars!

Stefanie said...

Very cute card! Love the look of the beaded stars.

Pushpa Johnson said...

I love how you only crimped part of the card, it's a nice touch. The sparkly stars are great too. Nice job!

Tracy said...

what a fantastic way to combine two challenges! Will have to look in Australia for that sticky tape sheet as that sounds like a great idea :) Well done! It worked well. Ialso love the crimping on the cardstock - gives it some extra pop. Is that just a regular crimper?

Brooke S said...

Can I add you to my blog I have enjoyed your blog and don't want to loose your address?

Great card. I love the crimped paper I forget about that tool. I will have to drag it out.
:) Brooke

Anthonette said...

Hey Mujer, I know you're in Hawaii, but I thought I'd let you know that I tagged you. For details see my blog:
http://chavezdesigns.blogspot.com/2008/06/jen-tapler-tagged-me.html